Relaxing over the holidays should be a perk of being a business owner. Unfortunately, business owners more often than not, have a more difficult time relaxing through the holidays. As a small business ourselves, we too are looking for ways to enable us to relax through the holidays. Here are some tips that we have found to assist in this process.
If you have something that is worrying you, it may help to see a professional. For example, you may want to set up an appointment with an Accountant, if you are worried about your taxes. If you are worried about getting your affairs in order, employment or liability issues, you may want to consult with an Estate Planning and Business Attorney. Consulting with these professionals can take weight off of your shoulders and give you direction. Consulting with a business coach can also assist you in setting up a plan to take care of issues that come up in business and help you take steps for the future of your business.
Our law firm utilizes a business coach. After coming back from a vacation earlier this year, I commented to her that it was difficult to relax. She gave us some wonderful tips on enjoying vacation time.
3 Tips that Keep you from Enjoying your Vacation:
- you feel “unsettled” -you are out of your routine due to no schedule or a different schedule;
- you are worrying about time—not everything is getting done that needs to be
- worrying about money – these expenses will impact our budget negatively
The solution for all three of these is to plan ahead!
- plan ahead about how to get into a healthy routine while you are gone for eating, sleeping, exercising
- plan your work activities to clear your calendar so you are not thinking about clients
- set up a savings account for every vacation, so the money is already set aside+ set a limit – don’t spend beyond
Our firm is still working towards being able to have that rest and relaxation that every business owner needs. It takes hard work as a business owner to be able to relax. If you need a referral to a good professional to assist you with your business issues, give us a call we can help with your estate planning and business related legal issues and can refer you to trusted professionals to help you to have peace of mind in your business and personal life.
We would love to hear from you. What have you found to help you relax during the holidays?